Weddings in the Rose Garden
Thank you for considering Inniswood Metro Gardens as a site for your wedding. Inniswood has become a very popular site for outdoor weddings and wedding photography and particularly for smaller and less formal weddings, Inniswood may be an appropriate location.
- Our first priority is to provide a safe and high quality experience to all of our visitors. Inniswood welcomes approximately 500,000 visitors annually who enjoy the formal gardens, attend educational programs and special events, or walk the natural areas and woods. Inniswood Metro Gardens is part of the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks, so established park rules and regulations apply.
- Please call 614-895-6216 (Tuesday through Friday) prior to your wedding to avoid conflicts. We host a variety of special events throughout the year and previously scheduled events. If you have any questions or are planning anything unusual (horse-drawn carriages, hot air balloons, pets etc.), please call to ensure that park rules and regulations will allow your activity.
- There is no fee to have a wedding at Inniswood nor staff and facilities dedicated to weddings. Because of this, you must make all wedding arrangements.
- Weddings and wedding photography is limited to the Rose Garden The Rose Garden provides a very nice setting and is in close proximity to the parking lot.
- The Rose Garden is available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. Waiting for other wedding parties or other visitors may occur especially during very popular times of the year.
- The Garden is a public place where visitors are welcome in all public areas; consequently we ask that weddings involve no more than 50 people.
- Alternate plans that do not involve Inniswood should also be explored, as the Innis House and other garden areas are not available in case of inclement weather.
- Bringing in and setting up seating, rearranging memorial benches or adding decorations of any kind (including throwing confetti, glitter, birdseed, flower petals, etc.) is not permitted nor are public address systems, loud music and alcohol.
- All vehicles are limited to the parking lot and must park in designated spaces.
These guidelines have been established to facilitate handling weddings and at the same time allow other visitors the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of Inniswood Metro Gardens. Thank you for your inquiry.
Inquire at the Innis House or ask a park ranger. All weddings and wedding photography are restricted to the Rose Garden.